1. V 3.0 PLIS changes 2. New adapter for Perkin Elmer Clarus 680 3. Updated brochure/manual 4. New Proposed ASTM methodology using HPLIS
1. Version 3.0 PLIS changes: We have now been manufacturing our third batch of PLIS units with some minor changes that improve performance, appearance and simplifies manufacturing. These changes are:
Top screw heads are recessed into the Brass body.
The interface between the SS vapourizer adapter and the lower Brass body has been machined out leaving 4 tiny corner posts which reduces heat transfer to the sample chamber.
A small spigot has been added to the lower Brass body to facilitate the addition of cooling air; 2 psi air further cools the sample chamber.
2. New adapter for PE Clarus GC
New adapter for PE Clarus GC: We recently received a request to have PLIS mounted onto the Perkin Elmer Clarus 680 GC: Capillary inlet. We have responded to this request and now offer this capability as an additional version of PLIS/HPLIS. As this addition does not appear in the manual a special installation document has been created
3. Updated Brochure: An updated brochure now reflects the new options for PLIS/HPLIS and associated prices.
4. New Proposed ASTM methodology: Based on the unique capabilities HPLIS has to offer, a new Methodology for True Vapour Pressure on pressurized crude oil has been proposed for ASTM review and approval. When the methodology has been accepted and approved, we hope to be able to offer a written copy of this methodology.
As of Nov, 2015 the proposed method has been approved and assigned the designation: ASTM D8003-2015.
The ASTM D8003-2015 method for the determination of light hydrocarbons and cut point Intervals in live crude oils and condensates by gas chromatography can be purchased at www.astm.org.